expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday 21 February 2016

Self Love : Key to Beat Depression


It's pretty much evident that depression takes over the mind, body and soul of the person. It makes someone so hopeless that he/she might just lose himself/herself. I've suffered from it for like 5 years and it was a long battle. I was out of my mind during that period. Now I've been recovering from it my way. What I figured out was I was the only one who can get myself out of this.
I, me and myself - the words you should get into your head.
Self-love is something far away from being self-obsessed. It's loving oneself from within, cherishing and nurturing the personality and most importantly, loving oneself like no other. The best way for myself was to become my own lover and treat me the best.



First thing I did was listing out all the stuff I loved doing. Then, I made plans to get them in action. For instance, I loved going for a morning walk so I started going there every morning. I felt fresher than ever. It helped me beat the blues and forget things for a while.


Second thing I did was grooming myself. I looked for both good and bad in me and worked towards it. I followed my own style of dressing up and it made me feel great about myself. Good outfit is an instant confidence booster.




Third thing, I binged on whatever I wanted to eat. Yes, as unhealthy as it sounds but it helped me. I kept a check on my calories and ate everything but in small proportion just to satisfy my taste buds. It ultimately made me feel better. Be careful not to overeat.

All in all, these were the ways to show love to myself and my soul. I tried to be a good person in and out. Helping ones who were depressed and sad gave me a good feeling of satisfaction.

Self love is all I did for to heal myself. It's a slow and steady process but works! Just stop giving a damn to the world and start working on yourself within.


Stay strong beautiful souls,

Eve <3